Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Gutting My Gizzard

(The gizzard is shown in green and sits below and behind the liver.)

I'm having my gizzard removed later this month. After almost a year of pain, the doctors have discovered that my gallbladder isn't functioning properly and is causing me great pain. This has been quite an ordeal to find out what was wrong with me.

This has caused me an incredible amount of pain and worry as no one knew what was wrong with me. I have stayed up many nights concerned about my health and wondering if something life threatening was wrong. I'm relieved to know that it is not fatal.

(You can read more about my gallbladder experience and my journey to lose weight at my new blog: FAT JACK – skinny whinny.)

2 comments:

John Stone said...

The question is: you don't fit the 3 F profile for gallbladder disease.

Fat, female and forty

admin said...

Does fat, fuming and flatulent count?