Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Best Steak in Town, Hands Down

You might think the best steak in town would be from Steak and Ale. You would be wrong. A friend took us out to dinner tonight. I had the best steak I have ever had and I had it from Springfield’s oldest Italian restaurant: J. Parrino’s Italian CafĂ©.

If I had my camera with me at the time I would have taken a picture for you. I had the Steak de Mare: two, four-ounce filets, grilled medium rare, topped with shrimp and scallops in a light seafood sauce. It came with choice of soup or salad and either pasta in red sauce or asparagus. I choose the asparagus and it was outstanding.

They were the most tender and flavorful steaks I have ever had and there was just enough sauce for flavor without drowning the steak. It was incredible. Who would have thunk it: great steak from an Italian restaurant? The service was second to none. If it is a Friday or Saturday night, be sure and ask for Paul.

No comments: