Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Love Splash

The Cuz and crew made a film short for SOTA 48, a 48-hour film competition. They camped out at the House of Jack for two days, staying in a van parked on the street. Sleeping inside is no fun for a group of teens, now is it?

Most of the cast and crew are 17ish, but I think the lead actor was a bit older. Early 20's maybe? I don't remember. Big fans of Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez, and the Evil Dead flicks. You can see the Rodriguez/Tarantino influence in the film. I know the boys so I was waiting for the movie to take a crazy turn. "From Dusk till Dawn" comes to mind.

They weren't able to finish the movie by the deadline, which kicked them out of the competition, but they were able to get a showing. Very cool. The movie had to be under 5 minutes (or something like that) and had to include Liberty Bank in the storyline. No part of the movie (script, shooting, nothing) could be done before the 48 hours clock began. Very hard to script, shoot and edit a movie in two days.

Hopefully, someday, I will be able to say: "I knew him when" after the cuz becomes a famous movie director.

2 comments:

Jason said...

At least the van wasn't down by the river! :)

Unknown said...

I loved it. That house looked really familiar.