Uganda is considering a new law that not only makes the practice of homosexuality illegal (it's already illegal in Uganda anyway) but they are considering a law that will put gays in jail for life or execute them.
Christian and Muslim religious leaders have strongly supported the measure. Check out this bill of sale from CNN:
- Gays and lesbians convicted of having gay sex would be sentenced, at minimum, to life in prison
- People who test positive for HIV may be executed
- Homosexuals who have sex with a minor, or engage in homosexual sex more than once, may also receive the death penalty
- The bill forbids the "promotion of homosexuality," which in effect bans organizations working in HIV and AIDS prevention
- Anyone who knows of homosexual activity taking place but does not report it would risk up to three years in prison
"Love the person; hate the sin" say many Christians. I'm not sure what that means and none but one have ever attempted to site specific examples of this mantra being used appropriately. Maybe someday. Until then, the persecution of gays will continue, and all in the name of Jesus and apparently Mohammad.