Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Looks a Bit Fishy to Me


My 15-year-old cousin, who is a permit-only driver now, spent the weekend with us. He is an sci-fi, fantasy, horror uber-geek and wanted me to go and see Slither with him. Nothing like two movie geeks hanging out together.

Fat Jack loves his food, my friends and I love nothing more than introducing new foods to people, especially my young cousins, nieces and nephews. Fortunately, Austin is a good sport, so off to the sushi bar we went. We tried a shrimp tempura roll, but what he really wanted was sashimi. So I ordered us some hunks of rice with big, cold, dead fish on the top: salmon and eel.

I was hoping for a bit more resistance from him, but cucumber boy (as in “cool-as-a”) just dropped it down lickity split. I at least got a good laugh that he couldn’t figure out the chop sticks. He had to use a fork.

No comments: