Saturday, September 16, 2006

Ton of Fun

Seven miles on the bicycle path is all we can manage to squeeze in each week, but it’s exercise and makes use of those shiny, new, basket-totting bicycles. We are both big old boys, Paul and I, and we can yammer on like a gaggle of geese. I’m sure we disturb the tranquility of the bike trail, but most people seem to be jacked in to their iPods anyway. We peddle along and talk about all kinds of things. Education mostly as we are both trekking through an advanced degree in education.

The show 20/20 had an interested show about race and expectations the other night. We’ve been talking about expectations in my elementary methods class. Everyday I realize just what a tremendous impact a teacher has – good and bad – and she scares the begeebers out of me. I am thankful that I am seeking this profession after having matured for some years first. It will make me a better teach I think.

But I have a few more classes and many more miles to peddle before all of that starts.

No comments: