Thursday, July 12, 2007

POO Cheerleader

When my daughter gets older, she is going to kill me for telling these kinds of stories on my blog. Simple pleasures in the life of a blog parent. My tiny tot sometimes has problems with her tummy hurting. It’s been an ongoing thing and is really pretty normal. Kids hate to go number two.

After making sure that the problem was not something more serious, we have elected to push the fluids, the Metamucil– 7 going on 70 – and of course the encouragement. I am a poop cheerleader. That’s right a cheerleader for the bathroom duties. The youngling hated it at first, but she’s getting used to it and usually finds it funny. I go through the whole bit: clapping, raising my hands, and even giving the occasional kick. It’s great fun. I even wrote my very own Poo cheer:

P Double-O
P Double-O
P Double-O
Push out the poop.

P Double-O
P Double-O
P Double-O
Push out the poop.

This can be repeated, shouted, as many times as is needed to push that little devil right on out. Whatever it takes to encourage the kiddo. It’s never a dull moment in the HOUSE OF JACK.

1 comment:

The Lorax said...

We're doing celebrations in the endzone when the 2 yr old padoin learner wets in the kid potty.

It's reminiscent of Look Who's Talking (which one I can't recall and don't want to) of the 'Pee pee in the pot-tee... pee pee in the pot-tee" chant.

It's a big deal. And should always be treated with great reverence. After all, just imagine if your folks hadn't taught he the nuiances of going in the right place.

Eeewwwww. Just like my neighbors dog.