Thursday, September 17, 2009

BLOWIN' IN THE WIND

I am an avid fan of Peter, Paul and Mary. My father had one of their vinyl albums when I was a kids, which surprises me as they are serious liberals who protested the Vietnam War and he is a veteran. Anyway, I listened to their music from time to time, especially that dragon song.

As I've grown up, I have continued to enjoy their music going so far as to take my wife and daughter to one of their concerts when they came to Springfield a few years ago. I enjoyed the experience so much. I'm so glad I saw them in concert. I listen to them daily as I have their songs on multiple play lists on the iPod. In fact, I am listening to one now. The song is And When I Die. Mary opens the song and her voice is so beautiful and soothing.

I am so sad.

No comments: