Sunday, December 02, 2007

The CNN YouTube Republican Debate

I have not seen all of the debate, but I have seen most of it once and some of it twice. I thought that was an interesting debate. My wife and I are somewhere along the liberal continuum, but we watched what we could. You never know. Here are some passing thoughts for anyone who gives a crap:

On John McCain
I have always liked and respected Sen. John McCain, until he partnered with President Bush and sold his soul to the devil. My respect of Sen. McCain went right down the toilet. Then I saw the debate and I saw the old Sen. McCain. He was bright, witty and stood for what he thought regardless of everyone else. While our politics are vastly different on most subjects, I enjoyed seeing the old McCain back and full of fire. He flat out nailed Gov. Romney to the wall on torture. Romney made a huge mistake by not taking a side on the torture issues. Pansy!

Democratic Operatives Asking Questions
This is nothing more than a distraction from the issue. You know what? It does not matter who asks a question at any debate, so long as the question is fair. Asking any presidential candidate where he or she stands on allowing homosexuals to serve openly in the military is a fair question. How exactly does the political leanings of the questioner affect the validity of the question? Now the good general prattled on a bit, but it was still a fair question. If Sean Hannity went to a Democratic debate and asked all the candidates where they stand on homosexual marriage or abortion, that would be a fair question. So what if Sean Hannity was the one asking? They need to get over themselves. I mean really. What kind of debate only allows questions from their base? You do not get hard and fair questions doing that. By the way, the Dems would have cried too, had a Repug asked a question during their debate. Boo hoo, says I. It matters not.

Fear Gov. Mike Huckabee
The good Governor from Arkansas is gaining speed. I must say that he did a great job at the debate. It scared me. As a Christian, I would like to support a candidate with my same religious beliefs, but I am wary of those who proclaim their Christianity too much. I do not know about Huckabee.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Jack, the issue is that CNN screened questions for the Democratic debate to make sure they came from Democrats or those who proclaimed to be supporting Democrats. They did no such thing when dealing with the Republicans.

That's the big deal here...the inconsistency in CNN's ethics.