Tuesday, February 02, 2010

A WHOLE BUNCH OF OSCAR



The Oscars were announced I am jazzed that Quentin Tarantino is up for Best Picture and Best Director. He is the filmmaker that speaks for my generation or to my generation. I swear I am going to eat my pinky toe if Avatar wins in either category (and I think it will win at least one if not both).  We don't need reconstituted stories to win the top accolades. Besides, it's the last film I would pick to win. (I did like it, just not enough to win anything.)

Anyone else notice how many films were up for Best Picture? Ten. Ten films. I don't recall that before. 

  • Avartar
  • The Blind Side
  • District 9
  • An Education
  • The Hurt Locker
  • Inglourious Basterds
  • Precious
  • A Serious Man
  • Up
  • Up in the Air

The House of Jack is once again having an Oscar party. Now that I graduated and have a job we can relish in the pomp of Oscar. This year we will change the rules of our contest. Each member picks the movie he or she would vote for if s/he had a vote. 

I'm surprised that District 9 is up for Best Picture. Sci-Fi being considered for a statue? I'm assuming Up will win for Animated Feature, as it was also nominated for Best Picture, but Coraline was really good, and I've heard wonderful things about The Fantastic Mr. Fox. Can't wait for that one on Blu-Ray.


No comments: