Monday, March 19, 2007

Kitty Stones

Our big, bad Buddy has been trying to pee all over the house. He squats, strains then moves on. Sometimes leaving a squirt behind and sometimes nothing at all. He’s licking “down there” like nobody’s business. It’s all just out of character for him. A quick call to the doc and he was at the vet lickety split.

He has crystals in his urine, which has plugged him up. Bless his heart, the bet said his poor bladder was all stretched out. We have to put him on a new diet that will be low in magnesium so his body doesn’t produce such things anymore.

The worst part is that he has to stay overnight. He will not like me when he comes home. Buddy is not a good patient, he hates new places and he despises being crated. Staying overnight can’t be good on his little kitty psyche. I think they make Prozac for animals now. Not that I would do that. I draw the line at anti-depressants for cats.

Incidentally, there has been a major recall on pet foods lately. Dogs and cats have died from renal failure. I don't have the internet sources, but my vet confirmed that was not our problem. The recall was related to foods in gravies.


No comments: