Friday, January 05, 2007

Bowling Is Not My Game

Our little family went bowling yesterday as part of our family vacation. Let me start out by saying that I am at all athletic and I am a pitiful bowler. I proved that with a hearty 66 and an improved 91. My 6-year-old daughter played five games and beat me in four of them. Good for her, but so much for me. The people next to us got a real kick out of watching our youngin’ beat the pants off us. They were some kind of family of bowlers and they could not seem to contain their excitement to utilize us as their source of entertainment. I’m not really sure which one of us needed the bumpers more, me or my daughter. My wife didn’t do any better, but I won’t describe her bowling scores. She can do that for herself if she wants. I will say that I am now convinced that bowling is not my game. She was very kind, in that she kept reminding me that I didn’t have to throw the game just for them. Oh if that were only so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jack,

Stick to the WII bowling. I found that my bowling score improved immensly and was much easier on the old arm. That WII is fun!!! A friend has one and I found it to be hillarious!