Saturday, November 03, 2007

All Hallows Eve 2007


Forget the fact that I picked up a stomach flu late on Halloween night and spent the night with the porcelain god: This Halloween was the greatest I’ve had in years. I tend to lean to the side of the dramatic at times. Halloween really brings it out. After I got home from school, I dug through the garage and found my bloody screw. Rock on!

By 6 p.m. I had a screw tightly in place and blood dripping from my skull. Off to church I went with Morticia Addams and a beautiful serving wench in tow. Come dusk we left the hallowed halls and made our way for the in-laws’ home. The old Mom had the brilliant idea of detouring through the cemetery. The kiddo was a bit nervous but she was game.

We did our thing. Passed our candy and comics at the in-law’s home. I had a whole group of what appeared to be third grade boys pretty nervous, but in the end they wanted the comics more than they were scared of me.

On our way home we saw a home at Grand and Weller that was really decorated. We stopped and could hardly find a place to park. The block was full of costumed kids. We spent the next hour trick-or-treating in that neighborhood. I walked, all zombie-like, moaning and groaning and dragging my foot behind me (all the while carrying our little dog). Kids scattered, people stared and some talked. They loved it and I did too. The wife tried to take pictures, but they didn’t really come out. It was dark. Haunting those streets was the most fun I’ve had in years. The kids really got a kick out of it. Just enough blood and horror to make it fun, but not enough to really scare the kids. I never approached or even looked at the little ones.

Click here to see all the Halloween Pics.


2 comments:

JMo said...

So what's with the Morticia deal? My 10 year old daughter all of the sudden likes Addams Family and wanted to be Morticia. It seemed odd, but when I saw your pics, and yours was Morticia too, now I smell conspiracy. Any idea what gives? :)

admin said...

We watch the Addams Family this Halloween, so that's where mine got it. She really got into the movie.