Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Quiet Riot Brings Back Memories

Apparently the game of points is dead so I didn’t bother sending this RIP notice to the not-so-Chattery-Lately Guy. I got my info from Strannix anyway who would really deserve the point.

Lets get to it already. The front man for Quiet Riot passed into the great blue beyond. Kevin Dubrow was 52. “Metal Health”was the first rock album I ever owned. I bought their album in sixth grade, on cassette tape, and I was so proud. This began my movement from pop toward metal. Rock and Roll. I’m sure it would have made Dubrow proud.

The music affected me. It really did. There is a rock love ballad on the B-side of the tape that reminded me think of a girl that I was so completely in love with. Sherry Potter could have cared less for me, but I thought she walked on water. That is, until I heard that Davy Hauck made out with her and put his hands down her pants. I was a bit innocent in those days and I did not like her so much after that. I hadn’t even kissed a girl before let alone touched a hoochie coo before. I was a good boy. A geek, to be sure, but a good church-going boy who still harbored the fear that a girl’s v-jayjay had sharp teeth.

Oh Quiet Riot. You bring back such good memories. I’m sorry for the passing of Dubrow, especially at such a young age. Rock and roll will do that to you. I bought “Metal Health” on CD a few years back. Saw it on sale and couldn’t pass it up. It’s loaded on the iPod.

Maybe the song list will bring it all back for you:

  1. Metal Health
  2. Cum on Feel the Noize
  3. Don’t Wanna Let You Go
  4. Slick Black Cadillac
  5. Love’s a Bitch
  6. Breathless
  7. Run for Cover
  8. Battle Axe
  9. Let’s Get Crazy
  10. Thunderbird (Be still my heart, Sherry Potter)

2 comments:

The Lorax said...

No doubt, Jack. First... on the RIPs... should we pick and up run? It's fun, morbid... and I like it, damnit. If Chatterbox is too busy, say, working... we can go wit it.

Next, QR. Wow. I knew at some point, my heroes of rock would start preceding me (hopefully) into the great whatever...

Crank it up. Cueing up the tape (err, cd) now.

Anonymous said...

I loved Quiet Riot. I actually thought their third album QRIII was pretty good compared to some of the other druck out at the time.

I met DuBrow once back in the heyday of QR and he certainly was living the rock star life. I'm curious to see the COD.