Friday, November 28, 2008

EVEN THE WIFE AND DAUGHTER LOVED IRON MAN


I saw Iron Man back in May and I loved it then. I rented it this weekend so the wife and daughter could see it. Skinny Kitty is not usually a comic book movie fan. She doesn’t care for sci-fi or fantasy either, as a rule, but even she agreed that Iron Man was great. It was a classic story about the transformation of a character, Tony Stark, and it was a good life lesson. There is such a thing as ethical business, and profit at all costs is not a trait to be valued or admired, at least by ethical people. It’s also a story of redemption and the power that loss can have on our worldview.

Comics are known to have social, economic, political or religious overtones – making them relevant in the contemporary community. It’s one of the characteristics that make comics great for children and adults alike. Iron Man is a dandy one.

2 comments:

WILLIAM MORAES CORRÊA (OS FOLIÕES) said...

All our family is note 10, my dear friend. Iron Man is my favorite super-hero too. He´s the man, the guy. Tony Stark, the max. Thank you and congratulations. Hay, Tony Stark, the lider of fanzines.

WILLIAM MORAES CORRÊA (OS FOLIÕES) said...

Ah! I´m Brazilian, from São Luís city, capital of Maranhao State (northeast region). I am director of Folkloric Group OS FOLIOES.