Tuesday, November 25, 2008

WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE

A shot of some of the cast.

A revamp of Star Trek with new characters? I never thought I would see the day. I figured they would play the old characters to death or just stick with newer – but established – characters within the universe (New Gen, Deep Space 9 et al.). Perhaps that horse is dead. J.J. Abrams (Mission Impossible III, Lost, Alias) is rekicking the franchise with the old crew, but played with newer, younger and skinnier stars.

Frankly, I’m surprised I haven’t seen more about this in the blogosphere. We have enough sci-fi geeks that this should have hit our locale some time ago. It’s set to hit theaters on May 8, 2009. The official website is some kind of bad ass bit of techy coolness. Here’s hoping the movie is also good. I’ll not hold my breath.

Word on the street is that this movie will focus on the young Kirk and the meeting of he and long time friend, Spock, including their first space mission together.

See the Trailers (compliments of Apple's Quicktime)
Official Movie Site

No comments: