Sunday, April 05, 2009

A DASH OF THIS, A DASH OF THAT

I went to the grocery store today and bought a bunch of meat. Oh, I bought other things too, but I was sure to stock up on meat: 1-inch thick pork chops, turkey brats, ground chicken, pork tenderloin, and ribs. I unloaded when we got home and helped put it all away. Then I did some prep.

It's a move I am making to help make dinner time easier and therefore less tempting to go out. Eating in is cheaper and healthier. I put marinades and spices on the meats and then put them in heavy duty freezer bags. Now all we have to do is take it out of the freezer a couple of days before we want to eat them. Stick them under the broiler and cook. Done and done.

I also bought some salt-free spice mixes. The wife really wants us to keep sodium intake as low as possible. I've found several good spices sans salt from Mrs. Dash, McCormick, and Cavender's.

No comments: