Wednesday, April 15, 2009

TOO GOOD FOR AMERICAN IDOL




It's crazy. I cannot believe I've taken such interest in … in … American Idol, but I have. One particular contestant, Adam Lambert, is so full of talent, that the AI stage can barely contain him. His rendition of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" was outstanding. (It is available for download from iTunes.)

There are two other stand-out singers as well, Danny and Allison, but they cannot compete with Lambert. That is, Allison has not reached Adam's level yet, but she's only 16. I've been watching and rooting for the trio to make it into the final three.

Last night the contestants sang songs from film. One of the world's greatest contemporary film makers, Quentin Tarantino, was the guest celebrity. His knowledge of music and movies made him a perfect choice. He's squirrely as all get-out, but the man is a genius filmmaker, one who is ahead of his time and often misunderstood.

There it is: my American Idol confession. I am a fan this year.

No comments: