Sunday, March 21, 2010

NEWS I CHOOSE

I'm pretty liberal on most things, something you should have already noticed if you stop by very often. So it may surprise you to learn that two of my favorite news programs are MORNING JOE  and FOX NEWS SUNDAY. Both are Republican-learning programs. 

  1. Both shows do a good job offering various viewpoints.
  2. Both seem respectful to liberals
  3. I get a good feel for how Republicans and conservatives see the world and particular issues.

I want to know what other people think. The most important reason is that I feel these shows give me the tools I need to be self-governing. There are plenty of liberal-based shows that do that as well. But I want to know more about those who oppose me and I want to be able to see it in respectful and intelligent ways. Both shows seem pretty fair most of the time.

I watch MORNING JOE every morning while I work out and get ready for work. I check out FOX NEWS SUNDAY every week I can.

2 comments:

Sky Girl said...

I watched Fox News Sunday for the first time last week. I watched it because I knew I was going to watch Meet the Press and half of This Week, and I thought I'd pick up a 3rd perspective. I didn't hear anything offensive last week.

There was one blonde lady I didn't know, and it reminded me of a skit I saw once (I think on SNL). =0

The CDM said...

I always encourage left of center folks to watch Fox and not MSNBC all the time. I need to have my beliefs validated by talking heads. I usually watch Headline News-CNN branch..

Besides, it's always a good idea to see what the opposing view is saying.