Wednesday, March 10, 2010

NO QUEERS IN CATHOLIC SCHOOL

The Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ has kicked out one student and prevented a younger sibling from entering simply because their parents are lesbians. They have the right, of course, as they are a private school. That doesn't mean that it is in line with God's teachings. 

My question centers, not on the church's beliefs, but on the church's consistency with following God's will as they define it. Are people who engaged in any of the following also being denied a religious education based on not following the strict tenants of the Catholic belief system?

  • Divorcees (even if they are remarried)
  • Anyone who has engaged in an extra-marital affair
  • Those who curse
  • Smokers
  • Alcoholics
  • Families who use birth control
  • Masturbaters

My guess is, no. The only families whose children are not allowed to go to this school are those whose parents are homosexual. It's not discrimination if it God's will. Just remember, this is done by those who love the sinners so much.

4 comments:

Sky Girl said...

Hate and descrimination are ok as long as it's in the name of what's right to Jesus, right?

Busplunge said...

I am a product of almost 16 years of catholic education including several years in a Benedictine Monestary (ok, the Ivory Tower may been stuffy, but outside there was a draft). This subject matter of this post of yours and this one I did last November are so foreign to me that I am almost speechless.

God is Love.
He who abides in love
Abides in God
And God in him.

(cue the "hate the sin, love the sinner" commenators.)

Jason Rohrblogger said...

I'm guilty of five of your seven sins listed there. And I'm not divorced. Maybe that's why it burns when I go to church? Is it supposed to burn?

The CDM said...

You do realize that you will be going to hell for this scandalous speech against the Catholic church, right?

I approve.