Tuesday, June 06, 2006

666 Proved to be an Interesting Day

If I had been thinking, I would have made my last day at work on June 6, 2006. Alas, I wasn’t thinking, so my last day at work is the day after Armageddon. Let down. I’m not quite sure how to feel about going to school full time and not working, after all I’ve been slaving away in the business of the world since graduating Drury 11 years ago.

At least I will do it with a new coal fired plant to fuel my energy needs. I voted against it, but did so with much hesitation as I found this to be a difficult issue even though I had lots of help from others.

Interestingly enough the allegations made in case of the Springfield student with disabilities who was forced to crawl up stairs were rejected according to today’s News-Leader. Of course the family is outraged about the findings.

Now I am a long time supporter of persons with disabilities. I know first hand that school districts try to weasel out of accommodating students properly. However, It makes one wonder, what happened here? If I remember correctly, the teacher responsible admitted to the crawling. So what is the real story? All I can say is, there must be a lot going on that we do not know … probably never will.

1 comment:

admin said...

First day of school is Monday. Wonder if mommy will take my picture?