Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Learnin' & Drinkin' and All That Jazz

I wasn’t going to the Springfield Bloggers’ Meeting last night because I had homework to do, but as the time drew near, I couldn’t resist. I left the house intending to stay an hour and I only missed that mark by 20 minutes.

I must say I really enjoyed the banter with the news hounds talking it up about the media, news coverage and citizen journalists. By the way, if you want me to do impersonations, especially those involving singing, then you must get me drunk first. Very, very drunk.

When I got home I told my wife about the discussion and that I stayed a bit long but the conversation was worth it. To which she learned me a thing or two. Our blogger’s meeting, on the university level anyway, is called a learning community and it is highly sought after.

Hot damn and hot damn again. I can count my monthly bloggers’ meetings, as homework … in a bar no less. Can’t beat that with a stick. Just had a thought: I don’t have to worry about being distracted by thongs during my learning community class time. That is unless the Stoner comes sporting some string up his backside. He is a fan of nude bicycling.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Too visual.

Duane k said...

I didn't make my way to the more intellectual conversation at your end of the table (I was sitting next to John, go figure), but it was nice to meet you.

admin said...

Duane,

It was nice to meet you to. I added a link to your site.