Sunday, December 09, 2007

Batten Down the Hatches!

Groceries? Check.
Flashlights working? Check.
Candles? Check
Fireplace cleaned? Double freaking check! (Thanks to Aunt Bessie)
New waterproof insulated gloves? Check.

The ice storm of the year will probably pass us by, but better safe than cold, wet and sorry. I made Hungarian goulash and chili last night, just in case we need to eat. Not that I want to eat cold goulash or chili, but its better than starving. Hopefully all the limbs that could fall did fall last year. Doesn’t seem like there’s many limbs left anyway.

Missouri State is watching the storm closely, according to the email from our president. Next week is finals week. Imagine the school having to close during finals.I hear tell that if they have to close, then they put off finals until we get back from winter break. Talk about ruining the holidays. The only final exam I have was a take-home exam, which was really like a research paper with high expectations, so I am okay. The rest of my classes had projects and papers and things of that nature. But for the rest of them, what a sucky thing to have to go through.

No comments: