Sunday, December 09, 2007

Stealing from the Poor

The Salvation Army has seen a rash of thefts lately. Stupid people, who mean well, just drive by any old time and dump off their belongings. People have figured it out and they come by in the SUV’s and Pick Ups and steal the donations before The Salvation Army ever sees it!

I knew KY3 was doing a story on it. They did their own version of “To Catch A Predator”. They caught folks on camera stealing. I never saw it run here, but I caught the story on CNN’s Headline News today.

The thing is, these folks appeared – appeared – to do well enough on their own, considering their modes of transportation. Who knows, but to steal from agency that helps the poor? Think of the Karma? These folks better hope that God’s grading curve is lenient.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I can't describe how much it disgusts me when someone who can otherwise afford to get their own Christmas gifts just steals from the Salvation Army. If they had nothing, I could understand it. Those folks obviously could handle it.