Tuesday, October 06, 2009

A LOVELY LITTLE RANT ABOUT LIFE

When you love your job work doesn't feel so much like work. I'm one of the lucky ones to be in a place where I love – really love – my career. It is hard work, exhausting work, hysterical at times and often sad work, but I wouldn't trade what I do.

Today was an especially great day mostly because things went well and I felt like I accomplished a goal I had been working toward for several weeks. Tomorrow is a new day and that goal may slip through my grasp, but I am looking forward to hitting that mark again ... and again.

The wife pointed out the other day that I have had some incredible, life changing, extraordinary, positive experiences over the past 2 years. She's right and I am thankful for the growth it has given me. I don't know that I would go so far as to call it wisdom because I'm not sure I am mature enough to claim that great prize, but I am better off and exceedingly happy.

I am lucky and thankful, as plenty of people out there are not so lucky as to be so elated with their career, spouse, progeny, spirituality or life. It not a cake walk, mind you. I come home some days and nearly fall asleep while eating supper. It is hard work, but I like hard work because I find it rewarding and fulfilling (as long as it does not kill me). Honestly, I feel more healthy now than I have in years. Years. I am most happy about that.

2 comments:

Busplunge said...

Hey, I know exactly what you are talking about in this post.

Life has been good to me but I had to work at it for awhile.

Celebrate Life!

(cue the Zorba the Greek dance music)

Busplunge said...

FatJack, I linked to this post on The Busplunge.

I also nominated this post for the Blogaroni blog post of the year.

Jim 03/20/2010