Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Election Thoughts Before School

It’s all coming down to delegates, specifically super delegates, and the question rises to the top: Do the party leaders care more about following the will of the people or do they care about old alliances?

Everywhere I turn it seems that everyone thinks Clinton is the one to beat McCain. Maybe I’m crazy here, but it seems to me that she is less likely to beat McCain than Obama. I think Dems forget how much conservatives hate her. When I say hate, I’m talking about the kind of hate that borders on the criminally insane. The abortion-bombing form of hate. If she gets the nomination, people will forget about their issues with “W” and the war he has waged and focus on annihilating Clinton.

Obama, on the other hand, does not have the hate-baggage of Hillary. People like him. Swing voters like him. Seems to me that being liked is a good step toward, I don’t know, winning an election.

For my own, and I’ve said this before, the person who wins the most delegates should win the nomination. We should not allow the big bosses of politics to decide who gets the nomination for us.

By the way, what the heck is wrong with Texas? They see it necessary to have a primary and a caucus? Those people are nuts. How much time is wasted doing that?

No comments: