Saturday, November 07, 2009

BLACK BELT THEATER



When I was a kid my friend and I rented every single karate movie known to man. We loved them all, the good ones, the bad ones, even Gymkata and They Call Me Bruce. We were especially enamored with ninjas.

We acted those movies out, bought costumes, shopped for swords in catalogs, and trained in our own ninja dogo. We even bought ninja pajamas if you can believe that. I'm telling you, we loved the whole shebang.

Good or bad, I really don't care. I want to see Ninja Assassin … bad. The fact that J. Michael Straczynski (famed comic book writer) wrote the screen play makes it even better. Actually Straczynski came in six weeks before filming and rewrote the script because the Wachowski brothers (producers) were unhappy with the original script. Straczynski rewrote the whole thing in 53 hours.

The question is, can I con the wife to let me go out and watch it on Thanksgiving Day? Maybe the day after would be a better choice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the day after Thanksgiving would be appropriate :)

Ms. Fat Jack (skinny kitty)