Sunday, March 02, 2008

Baltimore Officer Suspended After Altercation with 14-Year-Old Skateboarder

Sometimes a position of power can go to one's head. Happens a lot to those who have badges. It's a hard job with lots of stress and high expectations. Even the best lose their head somedays, but this office, in my opinion, too some snotty teen's "dude" and "man" remarks a little too seriously.

The officer wraps his arms around the boy's neck and takes him to the ground. If you wait around till the end you hear the officer ask if the video camera is on. I can only assume the teen lied. Good thing. I imagine the office would have tried to confiscate it too.

Teachers are trained to remain calm, to get quiet, when kids are turning it up. The louder they become the quieter we get. Act as if the behavior does has no bearing on us personally. We just address the issue with logic and reason and move on. That's easier said than done, but it is a good thing to always shoot for.

(UPDATE: Click here for the abc2news.com story.)

2 comments:

Jason said...

Completely inexcusable.

Busplunge said...

I saw this last week somewhere and it was so over the top I thought it was staged.

I guess I am a naive hillbilly.