Saturday, March 01, 2008

Best Personal Blog – That’s Pretty Cool

Now that Larry has made the final announcement, I can tell you that I won BEST PERSONAL BLOG from the local bloggers. I was surprised when I received the award, which I presented to myself, as the original intended emcee was Larry. He petered out at the last minute. Some nonsense about putting family first. I don’t know.

Since he could not be there, and had me step in, he brought the winning certificates in sealed envelopes over to my house the night before. Apparently Larry French kissed each envelope as they were sealed up tighter than a … (I can’t say that or that) … they were glued as tight as a pedophile’s cheeks in general population. I accidentally ripped one of the certificates trying to get it out of the manila envelope. It was awful, awful I tell you. Poor Desdinova was the recipient of that torn Oscarette. By the way, he wore the famed mask.

Lots of new bloggers came to that awards ceremony, which was very cool. I haven’t told Larry yet, but since he could not make the meeting that he designed, he was appointed as our pseudo leader (basically that means sending out an email and reminding all of us). We decided that we want to meet every month for an informal gab fest, like we used to do. Just hanging out with the boys and girls of blogsville. Larry will have more details about time and place.

I thought I might use my new award as a way to take over the world, but Desdinova already has that locked up. I could go back to my reporting roots and sit through local governmental meetings, but I thank the Lord on High everyday that Jason and Jacke are doing that instead. I’d rather have hot pokers in my eyes, thank you very much.

I guess I will just be the good looking blogger. You know, the one who gets all the attention from the girls and struts his stuff like he’s cock of the walk. Bask in the glory that is FAT JACK, yo!

3 comments:

Jason said...

Congratulations Jack!! It's well deserved.

Sky Girl said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

w00t! I'm proud to say I voted for you and your styling ways.