Saturday, March 01, 2008

Whatcha’ Readin’ Kiddo?

A literature meme is making the rounds and I was tagged by ThinkingThings. Grab the nearest book, you say? I’m surrounded by them: academic ones, fictional ones, and tons of comics too, of course. I won’t bore you with academic tripe. I doubt pulling three sentences from the writing of a doctorate would make any sense. They love to write lines of hogwash to pad their simple statements. Fiction, ah heck-fire, I betcha that’s what everyone else will do. I’m certainly not like everyone else. I’ll pick some lines from:

Shazam! The Monster Society of Evil, page 123. The fifth sentence thing is a bit strange, depending on what you consider a sentence. Here goes:

“Robots are just machines – tools for powerful men. Tools of war. And war … is profitable.”


That makes you want to read it doesn’t it? The writer hid a bit of fun for us adults in the beginning of the book. He alludes to the loss of the gubernatorial bid of one candidate to his recently deceased opponent. Anyone care to remember those details?

Sky Girl is all over this already. I’ll try to pick some new people. I really want to hear from Strannix, cause he is persnickety and I like that. So he’s tagged. How about Jason and Desdinova. I’m really hoping that Desdinova is reading something full of blood and guts and maybe some sex. And we really must know what Jason thinks. He must be smart with all those Blogaroni’s under his rookie belt. We’ll pick his brain.

Here’s what you do, folks:

1. Grab the nearest book (that is at least 123 pages long).
2. Open to p. 123.
3. Go down to the 5th sentence.
4. Type in the following 3 sentences.
5. Tag five people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Captain Marvel kicks ass. Now, where'd that well-thumbed copy of 1984 get to...?