Saturday, February 21, 2009

COOL GUY CANCELS GREATEST OSCAR PARTY EVER

For years we have hosted an Academy Award watch party at the House of Jack. Fun, games, awards, and one year we had wings catered by Coyote's Adobe Café (they make the best wings in town). School has gotten the better of me this semester, burying me under a mound of paperwork and stress. At 6:47 a.m. this very morning (Saturday) I realized, after reading Cracked.com, that the Oscars are this Sunday.

Dang. Double Dang.

I'm supposin' that we are foregoing the party this year in lieu of homework, checking on grandma (who is not doing well), and prepping for the massive, aneurysm-inducing week ahead. I just don't think I can manage to stay up past 9:30 p.m., let alone the stress of party planning. (You see, 5:30 a.m. has become the wake-up norm round these parts.)

I think I could swing it if the Academy would consider postponing the awards for another three weeks. I think I'll use my powerful Fat Jack influence and two Blogaroni awards to twist their arms. I'll let you know how that works out. Maybe if I published more of their press releases?

What shall you do, dear readers? Well, Cracked.com (the funniest dang website in all of bloggerville) will live blog the Oscars. Had I party, we would be checkin that out. I'll probably still drop in and see what that hysterical bunch has come up with.

Click here for a Printable Oscar ballot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am expecting a return to the annual festivities next year and expect an invite and red carpet.