Monday, July 24, 2006

JUDAS PRIEST! Shut the Hell Up!

What is wrong with people? Have they absolutely no sense of respect?

I am taking three classes this summer semester: Intro to Teaching, Public Speaking and Geography. Now I understand that the typical college student does not value his or her education the same way I do. I slogged my way through my bachelor’s degree and only studied between binge drinking, naps and fraternity rituals. I get the fact that the kids think they have better things to do.

What I do not understand is the fact that students are so brazen. In my geography class, there are two girls that sit in the back of the room and talk the entire hour-and-a-half. They don’t whisper and they don’t pass notes. They have full tilt conversations, honking and clucking, all the while the instructor tries hard to make world geography interesting. This gaggle of hooters doesn’t give a piddley-Hell whether I can hear him or not. They coo and moo so damn loud that I can’t hear him and he’s right in front of me.

If you read my posts, you know I sit in the front of the class so I don’t become distracted by the lovely, jewel-encrusted g-strings and nippy tit bibs. Don’t misunderstand; I don’t mind looking at hookers. But when it comes time to learn I sit up front.

As my grandma says: “I’m so mad, I could beat you in the face with a dead rabbit.” Accosting folks with dead, bloody fur balls (while humorous) is highly discouraged on campus. I’m sure PETA would not find that amusing, but then again there aren’t that many PETA folks in the Ozarks. Worry not dear marmot. I shan’t do such a vile thing, but I do understand grandma’s little idiom.

Judas Priest! I wish they just shut the Hell up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love having non-traditional students in class. They set the bar high because they understand the value of education. Plus, when the know-nothings complain about grades, I have an exemplar to point to and say: "So you're telling me you're doing the same quality of work as Jack?"