Tuesday, July 04, 2006

ROCKFEST 2006



Rob Zombie is coming to Springfield next weekend and Fat Jack will be there feasting on the blood of small rodents and basking in the glory of metal. Working to corrupt our next generation of adults, I am taking my 15-year-old cousin. Actually, he is the reason I am going. Mr. Zombie is his all time favorite rocker, big-big. He gets to go if I go. So what’s a Jack to do, but take the boy and have a bloody good time – and we will. He and I get along very well, as we both love movies and comics and good geeky stuff. Besides it’s a nice retreat from my daily grind. It’s a good college student thing to do, don’t you think?

It’s at the Jordan Valley Field. Now you may be incluined to think that is somewhere near the Jordan Valley Park. It is not. It’s down toward the industrial part of downtown at Campbell and Mill Streets (423 N. Campbell). I drove by a few weeks ago and thought to myself, “this can’t be the place.” But I in hopes that the mowed it at least.

Rockfest 2006
Featuring Rob Zombie and
Anthrax, Shinedown, Trapt, Evans Blue and Halestrom.

This Saturday
Jordan Vally Field
423 N. Campbell

Tickets are on sale at Kaleidoscope, Stick it in your Ear, and Vintage Stock. If you spot me, and I am not that hard to see, come and say boo. I will probably be sporting a cap or bandana as I am not keen on burning my lovely head.

Rock on dear readers. Rock on.

No comments: