Friday, July 28, 2006

WANTED: Blog Editor

With the proliferation of new technology comes the introduction of new jobs. So it should come as no surprise that large companies will engage the blogosphere looking for a Blog Editor. Jeanne Sahadi, CNNMoney.com senior writer says this is just one of seven trendy new jobs:

"Blog editor: I blog, you blog, we all blog apparently, judging from the proliferation of blogs in the past two years. The success of influential ones like Wonkette.com has companies wanting in on the perceived edginess of the blogosphere.

'Blogging' is not only starting to creep into people's job descriptions, but recruiters are starting to see blog-related job listings. One on Monster.com seeks a blog editor "to manage and moderate blogs for clients and to write for the company blog on PR and new media topics."

The Springfield Bloggers are already up on this new trend. Our own Larry Litle has graciously tried to recruit 417 Pedant for this very job, without much luck I might add.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that make me the chief blog reporter on all things bloggerific for the Queen City region?

I'm totally kidding.

Unknown said...

I am still hoping to find someone for the job. I will split my profits from my blog with them.