Monday, October 02, 2006

My Skinny Suit

My life has taken a major turn in the last year. Federal funding for my job was terminated for all like agencies, I decided to change careers, I went back to school to get my Masters Degree and I’ve encountered several health-related issues.

With all of these changes, I decided, with the support of my family, to revamp my life and make lemonade. My self is in a state of flux. I embrace change from time to time. My life seems to ebb and flow and several times in my existence everything has been turned upside down.

My health is one of those issues and we, my family and I, are still working on toward healthier goals for me. I bought a bicycle and I ride between seven and 10 miles per week. It started at three and has steadily increased, especially with the support from my bicycle buddy and long time friend, Paul (Heavy P.)

Together, we are Ton-of-Fun, as we are both BIG men. We are our own health-related support group. He and I are on a journey to find, or carve out, a new frame. I am documenting my odyssey of weight and my search for my own Holy Grail – The Skinny Suit.

I invite you to follow along this journey, a mouse in my possible bag. I am ready to share my life of weight, my BIGness, in all of its glory and grief. It will not be easy as I will share with you harrowing experiences, agonizing thoughts, and disturbing imagery. Many of you may not wish to know such things about anyone, especially me. You may need to be selective in what posts you read or maybe refrain all together. But it will not all be sorrowful. I will also share my success, my acceptance of me, and my understanding of BIGness and how I have come to discover and define myself. You can join me at:

FAT JACK –– skinny whinny

No comments: