Sunday, March 11, 2007

Can I Come and Play?

There is a little girl playing at our house today. I don’t know who she is and I’ve never met her parents. She came walking down the street to play with the neighbor girl. The neighbor girl was at our house so this child just came over here. That’s fine with me. I love having kids around. Considering this child is starts kindergarten this August, it seems odd that she just play any old where. It seems odd that parents would let their pre-school child walk down the street and play with neighbors the parents have never met. True, they don’t know she’s here. They think she is across the street, but I wouldn’t let my pre-school kid walk to someone else’s house by herself. I would have accompanied her to make sure she got arrived safely and that it was okay to play. That’s just me. Crazy world we live in.

1 comment:

The Lorax said...

Same thing happens in my hood. It may be cultural differences, but my kids don't get out of my sight. And for a brief second when I turn around to pick up a toy and the toddler takes off around the corner... my heart skips a beat.