Friday, March 23, 2007

Troy the Teddy Bear


About a month ago my daughter wanted to get me a gift. Not for any special occasion, mind you, but just because. She had given it a lot of thought and she knew what she wanted to get me: a teddy bear from Build-A-Bear in the mall. She’s been begging my wife for a month now to go and do this. After 30 days my wife gave in and decided that she was serious about it.

So off we went to Build-A-Bear. The ruse was that we were getting a bear for our nephew’s birthday. She walked right in, picked up the bear she wanted, got the accessories, clothes and hair, and put that guy together in nothing flat. At the end she told me that this bear was for me because she loved me and she just knew that I would want a teddy bear with flames and chains.

We played with him that night while we snuggled in bed. His name is Troy. I don’t know why, but that’s the name she picked. Now my goal is to find a special place for him to sit. I treasure young Troy because my daughter thought of me. Someday when I'm in the nursing home, I'll sit in my chair and hold my bear and think of my sweet daughter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very lucky man.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome.