Monday, March 12, 2007

Fat Jack and Bariatric Surgery

I am a big fella, but you already knew that. My blog name should have given that away. I’ve been considering bariatric (weight loss) surgery for some time and I’ve been writing about my weight on another blog, FAT JACK – skinny whinny.

Saturday I am attending an informational seminar on bariatric surgery headed by St. Johns. This is the first step in the bariatric surgery application process. Apparently, there is quite a bit to the whole ordeal besides just scheduling a surgery, some of the steps being required by the surgeon and others by the insurance company.

I’ve made up my mind about this, and unless the informational meeting brings down some kind of horrific statistics or stories about the mortality rate of undergoing bariatric surgery, then I am going for it. Which type of surgery, gastric bypass or lap band, is still up for grabs; however, I am leaning toward the lap band. As I continue through the process, I will provide information on skinny whinny. You are welcome to come along for the ride if you want. Should prove interesting if nothing else.

2 comments:

Melting Mama said...

Good luck, go in totally informed. :D
www.meltingmama.typepad.com/wls

Anonymous said...

Good work thanks.