Monday, July 02, 2007

8 Things You'll Regret Asking About

Mary Helen who keeps her own Corner of the Sky popped me for a meme. Dang. I never know what to say on these things. I’ll give it a go, with the same vigor I had as a former government employee.

ICHI: I teach Kenpo Karate to children ages 5-12. They crack my martial butt up. (Now you know why the numbers are all in Japanese (i.e. ichi, ni, san, etc.).

NI: I’m going back to school to get my master’s in elementary ed. Oh wait! Most of you already knew that. I tend to mention it as often as I can.

SAN: I blog in my underwear. If you come knocking on my door, you should expect that I will answer the door in my underoos. It’s how I roll. One unbearably hot summer when my wife and I were first married and didn’t have air conditioning in the rental house, we spent lots of time in our skivvies. We were church shopping that year and when we got home from one church wed took off our clothes. Two old ladies from the church showed up on our doorstep to thank us for coming to church. I unashamedly opened the door in my white boxer briefs. (I wear colors and patterns too.) They said their piece and headed for the hills. You know, no one from the church ever visited us again. I have no shame. You’ve been warned. (I think the Old Stone would have liked that story. He had a bizarre fantasy of me riding my bicycle naked.)

SHI: I’ve been to the Indy 500 race once. There’s a story there, but I’ll save that one.

GO: I love to write. I do it everyday. I’ve started more than one book and I’ve been approached by a well connected person to write her story.

ROKKU: I use a Mac because I care about quality. I’ve converted another PC user to the world of Mac. He agrees that it is faster and easier. He thought the Mac-is-better-than-PC stuff was all bunk until he got one himself. Now he sees the light. Good for him, says I.

SHICHI: My first car was a 1956 Chevrolet Tudor. Red and white and fast as Hell. I got chased in it once, when I was a kid. I out ran the sheriff. He was not too happy and he let me know it the next time he saw me in town.

HACHI: I jumped off the Highway 86 bridge over Tablerock Lake when I was in high school. It was midnight and it was really dumb. There’s more to that story too, but I shouldn’t tell here.

Now I have to choose some other poor chumps to do this. That's how it goes, right? I like this part because I get to annoy my friends: Larry, Bryan (who never posts anymore, so this should sufficiently annoy him), Ron (who is probably too busy) and the always funny, Desdinova.

3 comments:

Sky Girl said...

I love the story about the church ladies.

Anonymous said...

No fair not telling all of the stories....you need to make time to finish them; they're good ones.

Ms. Fat Jack

Sky Girl said...

I just left you another little prize on my blog. Don't worry, no disclosure needed this time.