Friday, July 20, 2007

Little Sturgis Cancelled Due to Pneumonia

My first trip for the summer has been cancelled, at least for me. My Dad and I were heading to Sturgis, KY for the annual Little Sturgis biker rally. It is a very feral time. This rally is made up mostly of hard core 5-percenters (as the real biker guys are known) and a few RUBs (rich urban bikers) such as myself.

The wife got herself a bit of summer time pneumonia. Bless her heart, she is being a real trooper. Normally, my spouse is not very good patient. This time around she is really sick and she is trying her best to make the best of it. Despite the fact that my mother would come and nursemaid her while I am gone, I just can’t leave her. I’m in dutch with the wife for not going, but I’ll live with it.

Probably a good decision in the long run. Neither my daughter nor I feel very good today. Nothing in our chests yet, but it could turn South easy enough. Just what I need to do: ride a motorcycle back from Kentucky with a fever and pneumonia.

No comments: