Thursday, July 19, 2007

Raining Cocks and Dogs

Drugs. Alcohol. Sex. Ear-chomping. Steroids. Gambling. They have all taken down some of society’s most worshiped. We are so lucky to be able to add another vice to that list: dog fighting. Of all the things to have as an illegal hobby, Whats-his-nuts chose dog fighting. I don’t get it.

In the days of yore, JACK lived closed to Arkansas and had seen his share of little white houses spattered all of over the yards of some nefarious hillbilly characters. I have never seen a cock fight in all my days, but I have witnessed their little homes and I know the “sport” exists. I like boxing, and really enjoy mixed martial arts full contact fights. The difference between boxing and dog fighting is that grown-ups can make the decision to beat themselves stupid for my pleasure. There is no choice for cocks and dogs. (I wonder how many times I can work the word “cock” into a story?)

According to reports, Michael Vick was not just gambling, but he was a big part of running the show. I sense anger and fear in him. Could be that dog fighting was the only thing that fulfilled his blood lust. Fortunately for us he hadn’t made it up to chomping off the ear of an opponent or killing his wife to pieces. I sure hope that if the cops found blood-soaked leather gloves that they will not let Vick try them on in the trial.

I wonder what he says is the reasoning behind all of this senseless carnage?

No comments: