Sunday, October 14, 2007

Dizzy, Headache, Vomiting!

It hit her hard on Thursday afternoon. I got the call on the cell phone and thank the maker I was out of school. My 7-year-old was on a field trip at Wickman Gardens when she got a pounding headache, enough she was crying in the corner. A friend told the teacher and an volunteer took her outside for some fresh air and a good hurl.

Not a stomach flu, but a dizzying little virus. I remember my days of the brown bottle flu, which led to the bed spins and eventually the porcelain god. [shudder] My daughter had the same thing sans the alcohol, but hers has lasted until Sunday afternoon.

Today she is better. Her fever is down from what was 102.1 to a cool 98 degrees today. She is up and playing with her toys finally. We usually go out and eat with the grandmother on Sunday’s but we parental units nixed the idea, opting for rest at home. Now she’s up and at em. Can’t win for losing. Still, I think it’s best just in case she has a down turn.

I hear it has been going around, so if you get it, don’t freak. We ended up going to the Urgent Care, after the regular doc on Friday forgot to work us in (even though we called twice). They took blood and did a strep test. All negative. She had a virus my friends that caused a fever, headache, dizziness and some upchucking. Nothing to do but hydrate and wait it out.

2 comments:

Sky Girl said...

Our 4-year-old had it Tuesday, only it sounds like his was of shorter duration than your daughter's.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your kid was sick. I'll keep her in my prayers.