Thursday, January 03, 2008

Iowa Cock Us

As excited as I am to have several possible candidates from which to choose, I am still disillusioned at the entire political process. I find it frustrating that all is laid at the feet of Iowa. Honestly, does Iowa speak for the entire country? Should we let Iowa speak for the entire country? Could it be that they do not speak for us, but rather we fall in line with them out of a need to say that we picked, voted for, the winner? What a worthless dog-and-pony show this whole caucus thing is.

In the end, we will all get screwed by greed and corruption, money, and good old-fashioned lies. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother, but I do and I even get excited about the prospect of choosing the person that will end up establishing policy that will only serve to help a few rich people get richer, piss all over the poor, and strip the middle class of value. It’s the American dream.

I’m hungry. Apple pie anyone?

2 comments:

The Lorax said...

Growling with thee, my good man. I like Apple Pie.

Unknown said...

Iowa is just the first voice. We will get to shout ours out in Feb with about 20 other states on the same day. The big question that you raise is "Are any of them worth shouting about?" Let me say this, "I hope so."