Friday, January 18, 2008

The Manga Bible Received


Last April I brought you the story of The Manga Bible, a graphic adaptation of The Holy Bible done in the style of Japanese comics, called manga.

It finally came in and it is pretty cool. I have not read it yet, but both my wife and I plan to. Interesting is the ability for young people to access biblical stories in a contemporary way. However, I suspect that format may be interesting to more than just kids., but it is intended for ages 11-18.

In broad terms, it will offer an overview of the Gospels, the Good Samaritan, the Prodigal Son, Jesus’ death and resurrection, the book of the Apostles, the letter to the Corinthians and Revelations. That is a lot to cover in 218 pages.

Personally, I would enjoy taking some time in our Sunday School class to read through this and talk about it.


1 comment:

The CDM said...

Got to admit, it's a great concept. I am a confessed Bleach fan, for some reason, I just admitted my geek side.