Friday, February 08, 2008

The Birthday Party Begins

It’s my birthday weekend and I have all kinds of things planned, including some movie watching. BLACK SNAKE MOAN, THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS, and FLICKA are all waiting patiently at home. I also have a Blockbuster coupon just waiting to be used.

FLICKA of course, is the family movie. It is the only thing I could find that looked interesting. BLACK SNAKE MOAN is just for me. The wife won’t care much for it. Will Smith’s flick just looked good.

On Saturday we are going to 1984, Springfield’s only retro arcade. For 5 bones, a feller can play video games from 4-11 pm. How cool is that? I’ll let you know how it goes. If you want to celebrate with us, then you are welcome to go too. Free invite. Other than that, I am reading comics and shopping for some comic book T-shirts, eating our with family for Sunday lunch, and going out with our friends on Sunday to eat sushi on Sunday eve.

Tonight, we open presents. The daughter cannot wait for me to open my gifts on my actual birthday (Sunday). I love that kind of excitement and it is just fine with me. I’m excited to open them too.

If you want to know my age, I’ll make you add it up. I was born in 1973.

1 comment:

Jason said...

1984 rocks. I have a pair of high scores there right now. :)