Friday, February 15, 2008

WTC?

(What the Crap?)

Raelyn Campbell is suing Best Buy for $54 million because they lost her laptop. They gave her the runaround for months, allegedly. Apparently, she took some money from them, twice. She accepted a little over $1,000 and a $500 gift card after months of complaints. She also received $2,500 although she maintains Best Buy transferred the $2,500 back on her credit card without her knowledge. According to the report, NBC’s Bob Sullivan says that hundreds of people have emailed with similar complaints regarding stores such as Best Buy.

She is upset for two reasons: 1) She had lots of personal information, including IRS tax forms, on the computer and she is concerned about stolen identity. 2) She is mad that they never expressed concern for her possibly compromised identity and that they did not address the issue quickly. She maintains they are required by law to notify her that her identity could have possibly been compromised, which she alleges they did not do.

“The money is not the issue. It’s getting them to address the problems,” she said.

$54 million is a lot of money for it not to be about the money. She never offered on the news report to give the money to charity. Me thinks it might be about the money. With that said, I would be pretty angry if a company took my computer in for repairs and it just lost it and then gave me the runaround for three months. Three months! Where is customer service? Best Buy has never been known for their customer service.

I bought a Mac and I use my local dealer, Database Systems, if I have problems. They have great customer service! They would never let this happen. Ever. Even if they lost it, Database would do something about it and they would do it quickly.

NBC comments to this story has moved to another page because of the vast volume.

3 comments:

Busplunge said...

In my experience, whenever someone says, "It's not about the money", it's about the money.

Unknown said...

You confused me. First you said
"With that said, I would be pretty angry if a company took my computer in for repairs and it just lost it and then gave me the runaround for three months."

Then you stated "I bought a Mac and I use my local dealer, Database Systems, if I have problems."

Do you have a computer or do you have a Mac? I am confused.

admin said...

Right on, Larry.

I should have said THE computer as the MAC is the leader in innovation and technology. Everything else is substandard. Good point.