Thursday, February 21, 2008

No Reason to Call Off School

Looks like Springfield Public Schools made the right decision not to cancel school today. I left the university at 3 pm and the roads were fine, just fine – wet and slushy, but drivable. I thought for sure, would have bet a paycheck, that the district would close by 1:30 at the latest. In fact, I was a bit perplexed that they did not close school, but by the time I left MSU I knew they made a good call.

Plenty of folks were mad enough, but that is the way it always goes. Last time Ridder ended early the sensationalist media whores were video taping every toothless fool with a Marlboro hanging out his mouth about how inconvenienced they were that they had to leave work and get their kid. “Screw safety, I’m at work” mentality really upsets me. There’s no pleasing the public.


No comments: