Sunday, November 01, 2009

B-MOVIE MADNESS

I told you the cousins were coming to Jackland for Trick-or-Treating. As always we went to a haunted corn maze, rode on a haunted hay ride and watched movies.

My Name is Bruce
It is required for the viewer to be a Bruce Campbell fan to enjoy this film. If you are a fan of the Evil Dead or Army of Darkness, then My Name is Bruce will certainly appeal. I loved it. Hokey, funny B-movie fun. It was rated worse than Quarantine (below) but I don't care. I thought it was a dang hoot.

Quarantine
We streamed this movie from Netflix through the Blu-Ray player. It was pretty good although the reviews were not too hot. That happens with horror sometimes.

Haunted Goings-On
The corn maze we went to was 2.5 miles west of Bass Pro. It was much smaller than the corn maze in Verona that we traditionally go to. But this one had a haunted hay ride, which we loved. The truck got stuck in a 12-inch mud pit in the rode and we had to get off and let them pull it out, but that only added to the fun if you ask me. They had a crane there that they dangled overhead, which was a nice touch. Well worth the money. 

It was a great Halloween here at the House of Jack. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The decorations are already put away and it will soon be time to decorate the Christmas tree. I know; I know. It's too early to talk about Christmas, but I have to admit I am thinking about it and what Santa will bring this year for my little girl.

No comments: