Wednesday, May 13, 2009

AW, MY SWEET INTERNET GRANNY LOVES ME SO KINDLY

My internet grand mere took good care of me by recommending to me some jazz songs for the classroom. Here were her suggestions if you missed them in the comments section:

  • Rhode Island Is Famous For You by Blossom Dearie
  • What's New At The Zoo with Mel Torme and Margaret Whiting
  • Now You Has Jazz by Louis Armstrong and Bing Crosby

She also offered another suggestion – What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong – which brought me to the album, Jazz for Kids, by various artists:

  • Doop-Doo-De-Doop by Blossom Dearie
  • When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bobin' Along by Carmen McRae
  • Mumbles by Clark Terry & Oscar Peterson Trio
  • Old McDonald by Ella Fitzgerald
  • The Muffin Man by Ella Fitzgerald
  • Rag Mop by Lionel Hampton and His Orchestra
  • Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens by Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
  • Yes, We Have No Bananas by Louis Prima
  • Chicken Rhythm by Slim Gaillard
  • Potato Chips by Slim Gaillard
I have them all now. Thank you very much.

(UPDATE: I just added A Love Supreme Part 1 by John Coltane thanks to the suggestion of Jon.) A sweet jazz day to you, Jon.

1 comment:

Granny said...

I LOVE "Rag Mop."

What fun you and your lucky students are going to have.

If you ever want some very calm, relaxing music, let me know. I have several albums of Indonesian gamelan music, and I'd be happy to cut a CD for you.

Cheers!