Thursday, May 14, 2009

CHICKEN OR MUSHROOM?


Normally, that would be an easy (1-2-3) answer: bawk, bawk. With the introduction to at least 2-3 meals per week being of the grassland variety, the decision is a bit more murky. I had leftover chicken breast (from the wife and daughter's meal last night) and two portabella caps (from my leftover meal last night).

Hmmm?

Tonight I opted for another fungi-filled meal. This time I piled a big bowl full of assorted fancy greens, added roma maters, cut up the shrooms and added feta cheese. I've come across some really good dressings that are less fatty than, say blue cheese or ranch, and yet quite flavorful. Kraft makes these vinegrette dressings (balsamic shown above) and I really enjoy them.

I ate a cup (or was it a cup and a half?) of leftover taters with garlic and cheese and drank water. I love water so that is an easy one for me. I don't get tired of water and pretty much drink it all day as long as I have ice.

So there it is for anyone that cares. Another meatless meal for Jack. Tomorrow, I'm having sushi to celebrate the earning of my Master's degree.

No comments: